19 July 2011

Chafing

So one thing they tell you, but they never detail to you are the difficulties of exercise.

myth: 
exercise makes you happy

fact:
Okay, so technically endorphins are still released. The brain still makes you happy. But, really, when you don't exercise you forget that you may feel better, so you keep thinking that exercise is just a big pain.

The other big problem with exercise: it makes you chafe. BIG TIME. especially when you're so big that your skin constantly meets other skin. That does not make me happy. Feeling pain after I exercise (not even talking about the DOMS) does not make me feel happy!

myth:
kettlebell is fun
fact:
kettlebell is the devil, but sometimes the fire can make you work harder.

In other news, I need to read more, watch tv less, and talk to nutritionists and psychologists.

3 comments:

  1. Sending you strength and support and admiring your courage, Bree'!

    For the chafing problem, I've found that wearing warm up shorts or leggings under your regular gym shorts tends to help a lot (or just wearing the warm ups, they're opaque and it reduces layering). Things like spandex or soft cotton/synthetic blends wick away sweat and reduce friction, so less chafing. You can probably find some at Target in the active wear section or, if you want to get fancy, Sports Authority.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never even considered leggings! I've been so focused on spandex, ever since I got over my fear of looking fat due to this article: The Backstop: Are you man enough for spandex? - Sports - Guilfordian - Guilford College. But yeah---that's a great idea! And it's within my budget :)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BodyGlide for the chafing.....works great!

    ReplyDelete